Sunday, April 8, 2012

THE BEST Roast Potatoes

I've never known how the pros do it, but apparently, this is it!

What you'll need:

small whole potatoes, peeled
olive oil
salt

How to do what I did:

Par-boil your potatoes until the outside of them is just becoming tender (10-12mins).  Drain, shake them around in the pot (lid on!) to fluff up the outer layer, and return to heat (very low for gas stoves, or just turned off but still warm for electric) and allow the moisture to evaporate a little more so the taters are fairly dry.  Meanwhile, in a 200 degree oven, warm up a baking dish with a decent splash or two of the olive oil in it.  Once the oil is pretty hot, place potatoes into the dish, coating them with the oil.  Chuck it all back into the oven and cook for about 20-25 mins, turning once to brown up evenly.  Serve - and enjoy!!!

Seriously, the best roast potatoes I've ever had (that I had to cook myself... haha)

A. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment